The school run can be a great time to get some gentle exercise, explore your local surroundings and help reduce congestion. It will also help with your physical and mental wellbeing, with teachers noting that students who walk or cycle to school are more relaxed and alert.
Is your school regsitered on Modeshift STARS? Modeshift STARS is a national awards scheme that recognises schools that have shown excellence in supporting cycling, walking and other forms of sustainable travel.
Modeshift STARS is FREE to access and every school in the country can take part regardless of size, type or location. We can support you to create a School Travel Plan that will encourage your staff and pupils to consider greener, more active forms of travel to school.
Why take part?
- Healthier pupils – by encouraging active, healthy lifestyles for young people through more walking and cycling
- Safer pupils – identifying issues and improving the quality of the environment around your school
- Involving the whole school community – children, parents and teachers working together to make a difference
- School Travel Plan – automatic generation of a new School Travel Plan which will deliver significant time and cost savings
- National Accreditation – you will receive the Modeshift STARS plaque, certificate and use of the nationally reognised logo
- The National STARS School Travel Awards – a chance to be considered for the National STARS School Travel Awards
- Changing Behaviour – STARS will provide you with the tools to reduce car use and increase the number of children wakling, cycling and using public transport on the journey to and from school.
For more information or support, please email us at email@example.com.