Encouraging active and sustainable travel for the commute has great benefits for your organisation and the well-being of your staff. Employees can benefit from the following:
- More reliable journey times
- Cost savings
- Improved mood, lowered stress and increased levels of concentration
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- Improved joint mobility
- Better mental health
Benefits of a more active workforce for you as a business include:
- Employees who are more active are more likely to be productive at work
- A healthier workforce and reduced absenteeism
- Free up car parking spaces for customers and visitors – 1 car is the equivalent to 10 bicycle spaces!
- Improved corporate image – encouraging active travel reduces environmental impact and shows your commitment to the local community and the environment. It can also help you in working towards your Corporate Social Responsibility targets.