So how can you encourage your staff to travel more sustainably and consider other ways of commuting to work?
- Provide secure and sheltered cycle parking with clear signage and communicate this across your business.
- Set up a Bike User Group in your organisation to promote cycling, share ideas and offer support.
- Provide showers and/or changing facilities, lockers and clothes drying rooms to help your staff walk or cycle to work.
- Set up a car share scheme and offer members of the scheme great benefits like preferential parking.
- Promote public transport options to staff and offer a corporate discount scheme.
- Offer sustainable travel information to visitors prior to their visit to help them plan the best way of reaching your business, whilst considering a range of different transport options.
- Organise commuter challenges to prompt staff to consider other ways of getting to work; this may include walking challenges where the staff member who walks the most receives a special prize!
Open Scarborough can offer you with lots more hints and tips. We’re here to help and provide you with tailored guidance and support, which is all free of charge! Want to find out more? Just use the contact us page and a member of the Open Scarborough team will be in touch.