Walking has many benefits for you and the environment, whilst also being free and suitable for all ages and fitness levels. It is a consistent and reliable form of transport, allowing you to always get to your destination on time. Why not take in the surroundings and the fresh sea air while you travel in and around Scarborough and see the sights it has to offer?
Physically, walking can:
- help build up your stamina;
- burn excess calories; and
- provides positive benefits for your heart -a brisk 10 minute walk each day can provide you with benefits to your health and works towards your recommended 150 minutes of weekly exercise! NHS.uk
Mentally, walking can:
- reduce stress, anxiety and fatigue
- improve self-esteem, self-perception, mood and sleep quality. WalkingForHealth.org.uk